Siekdami užtikrinti efektyvesnį interneto svetainės veikimą, naudojame slapukus. Tęsdami naršymą interneto svetainėje sutinkate, kad Jūsų kompiuteryje būtų įrašomi slapukai.

Trakų Vokė

E. Andrė g.

Trakų Vokė

On the way from Vilnius to Trakai there are some places worthy to stop and visit at least for a moment. One of these places which is situating 12km to the western side from the city center is the homestead of the Traku Voke Manor which belonged to the family of the counts Tiskeviciai. The Traku Voke Manor as well as other manor estate ensembles in Palanga, Uzutrakis and Lentvaris that were owned by Tiskeviciai belong to the national cultural and natural heritage.

The homestead of the Traku Voke Manor is one of the most interesting and valuable historical residences of the counts Tiskeviciai who were highly known at the European level. The manor started to form at the second half of the nineteenth century during the reign of the count Jonas Tiskevicius. The manor homestead of this period stands out for its rich stylistic forms thus creating a continuous and harmonious ensemble based on common composition principles. From the nineteenth century the homestead has been recognized as one of the most precious in Lithuania. Italian architect Leonard Marconi following the architecture of Polish royalty’s residence of Lazenk created a neoclassical palace. The composition of this palace was changed and improved, and furthermore its façade forms were more elegant and fashionable than the Lazenk Manor in Warsaw.

The territory of the homestead of the Traku Voke Manor with its historical buildings and structures, park alleys, ponds, and other elements is a historic and cultural monument.

The chapel-mausoleum is the complex part of the Traku Voke Manor homestead famous for its simple schematic forms and neo-Gothic style. The chapel dating from 1856 to 1870 years stands on the outskirts of the ensemble on the west side from the main gates and with its main façade to the north. The leafy alley starting from the main façade connects the chapel with the parterre of the Manor. The entrance to the chapel’s crypt is decorated with two classical vases. There, in the crypt, are built three platforms on which stand the sarcophagi with the remains of Tiskeviciai family. The count J. Tiskevicius who died in a tragic accident in 1939 is buried near the chapel.